Friday, March 04, 2005

Frank Supak, Hollywood Bowl Master Soundman, died 3/3/2000:

"We are evolving toward simplicity."
Yesterday was the fifth anniversary of my father's death. Half of the day had gone by before I remembered. I was on my way to pick up Spencer at baseball practice, and it just dawned on me.

And it reminded me of the day Dad died. I had just picked Spence up from his bus stop, and before I could say anything, he asked me what happens to people when they die. Probably just coincidence. That's the kind of things five year olds ask. But, I like to think it's an example of how children know everything.

For a little soundman dialogue, see the post below, which includes a letter from my soundman friend Phil Allen, in which he had some very nice things to say about Dad, who was the Hollywood Bowl soundman from 1970 to 1993.

No comments: