"I think the President came to power with a worldview that's fundamentally different than mine. The sense that he wanted to reduce U.S. influence in the world. He wanted to take us down a peg."-- Former Vice President Dick Cheney
Jesus on a pogo stick, Dicky, if you haven't figured out that that is precisely the point yet, then I wonder how you ever got as far as you did in life? Oh, wait, I almost forgot about Wingnut Welfare, which is why Dick Cheney still appears in public to actually say things, and why a man with a list of deferments longer than his heart lasted was put in charge of the Pentagon, and then in charge of GW Bush.
Just for the record, here are some of my favorite Dick Cheney quotes:
- I think Barack Obama is a one-term President.
- I had other priorities in the sixties than military service.
- My belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators.
- We know he's been absolutely devoted to trying to acquire nuclear weapons, and we believe he has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons.
- I think they're in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency.
- Go fuck yourself.
Yeah, Dick, I'll give you this: you helped convince a majority of Americans that the whole idea of increasing America's influence on the world by lying us into a multi-trillion dollar war that killed and maimed millions of innocent people is precisely the kind of thing we need to take down a peg. And I hope sucking on that at least gives you a little agita until the day you die.
In the mean time, please, keep talking while the rest of us try to find peaceful, lasting, and moral ways to increase our influence in the world. You know, things that people will thank us for, instead of shooting back.