Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Protect Precious Land, Keep Tim DeChristopher Out of Prison

On December 28th of last year, I posted a diary at the Daily Kos entitled Fake Bids as Protest: So Shines a Good Deed in a Weary World in which I made a brief excursion into the history of fake auction bids as a form of protest.

Yesterday, in this recommended diary at the Kos, JohnnyRook reported that Tim DeChristopher, whose bids at a BLM auction in Utah monkeywrenched the Bush administration's last minute oil and gas lease giveaways, is trying to raise the money to pay for the leases he "won." In which case, the bids wouldn't be fake, and he wouldn't have to go to prison.

Now, as anyone who's been reading my recent posts knows, I'm dead broke. This economy has been very harsh on my clients, and that has trickled down to me (the only way trickle down economics really works). I wish I could lease an acre or two to help this brilliant young man out. If you can, please do so. You can donate at his cool web site.

Tim needs to raise $45,000 by Jan. 9. As of this morning, he's up to $37,101. Please do all you can to help.

No comments: