Monday, February 08, 2010

"...follow me without question"

This fun post today plays with the idea that the old Testament God seems awfully insecure.

Honestly, if you were an all-powerful, omnipresent being and creator of the entire universe, why would you be worried that people would doubt you. You could just smite them and be done with it.

If your answer is that God is a loving God who is trying to help us lowly humans with fatherly advice, then what's with all the smiting and smoting?

Which, of course, leads me to a Homer Simpson quote:

"O spiteful one, show me who to smite and they shall be smoten!"

But seriously, this is a Good post from Thomas D. today, extending his thought experiment that the Bible was written by Satan.
in reference to:
"This is very important. I have found the truth and I will reveal it soon to the world. You who read this simple little blog will be the first to know what it is and my true identity. I use a pen name now because my real name is probably known to you. The most important thing I want to impart to you today is that when I reveal myself and the truth, you must follow me without question."
- Satan Wrote the Bible - I Am The Greatest (view on Google Sidewiki)

No comments: