"In the part of this universe that we know there is great injustice, and often the good suffer, and often the wicked prosper, and one hardly knows which of those is the more annoying."--Bertrand Russell
Monday, October 31, 2005
Bush Approval Ratings
66% of Americans think George W. Bush is doing a poor job on Iraq. The other 34% think Adam and Eve rode dinosaurs to church. -- Amy Poehler, SNL, 10-29-05
Both of you. But I can't explain how great it is to have the most blue collar team, from one of the Bluest states, home of Barack Obama, kick the ass of the team from the mother of all red states in 4 games. A shutout. With the redest of president's parents there.
Hats off to the Chicago White Sox, from the immigrant, multi-ethnic, multi-colored neighborhoods of South Chicago, who beat the Texas energy-pollution capital of the world, Houston--home of Enron and Oil companies run by the ultra-wealthy friends of Bush.
Well, fuck them. Fuck the Bushes. Fuck Tom DeLay and all the rich rednecks in the Houston suburb of Sugarland. Fuck Kay Hutchinson. Fuck Rick Perry. They've been shipping shit and pollution to the rest of the world for years, and they thought they couldn't lose. The team run by a 41 year-old Venezuelan just kicked their team's ass in a sweep of epic proportions, fueled by the kind of heart and drive that makes baseball the great game that it is.
Sweeping generalizations, sure. Are there Republicans on the south side of Chicago? Of course. But the symbolism couldn't be more fitting for the times. Considering the problems of the Texas-based junta that has seriously fucked up entire world in 5 long years, this is that final symbolic straw that broke the pipeline's back. Maybe some humble pie will get Texas back on track. Hell, maybe they'll even re-elect Ann Richards.
The New York Daily News World & National Report does a little background on why these treasonous theocratic plutocrats wanted to seriously fuck with anyone who dared debate them. I don't give a shit if they, and "the previous administration," all agreed Saddam actually had WMD. The fact is, BushCo didn't care about the truth as much as they cared about convincing everyone of their truth. So they passed off some badly forged letters through the Italians that claimed Saddam sought yellowcake from Niger. Wilson proved Saddam did no such thing. How dare he contradict the President of the US? They were going to show him, and they broke at least one law doing it.
Now they should have to pay. This president is a spoiled little frat boy who appoints his frat buddies to important positions they suck at. They have fucked up Iraq, this country, and most of the world. Their environmental record is a joke. The incompetence has cost trillions and will cost trillions more. And they're still coming back for more.