Tuesday, May 24, 2005

What is a mainstream American?

"Rush Limbaugh has been married four times and divorced four times. He's got a drug problem. He's 53 and he has no kids. Tell me how he's mainstream American."--Ed Schultz
My Boss, who's sitting on the other end of the aisle, teching the audio for Stuff Happens, sent me that quote a few minutes ago, from this story at Big Ed's site.

I got to thinking about that, since I've been busy writing this big post about the play over at the Daily KOS. These Americans in the White House like to act like they're mainstream, but they're not. The rabid ditto heads who vote for them like to think of themselves as good Americans, but they're not. Good Americans educate themselves before elections. For example, in the last election, I would say a good American would be able to tell you who attacked us on 9/11. I'll give you a hint. It wasn't Saddam Hussein.

Here's another hint. "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."--GWB, 3/13/02

Mainstream Americans these days, when polled, say they don't approve of Bush, and they say, by a BIG margin, they'd rather have Democrats in control of congress.

Mainstream Americans don't lie and cheat to get what they want. They play by the rules, they work hard, and they do their homework.

Those are the people who I hope come to see Stuff Happens.

No comments: